Deckz And Wallz Warranty Information
For the specified warranty period indicated the DECKZ & WALLZ warranty applies to the original purchaser of the DECKZ & WALLZ products under the following pre-requisites:
- Installation under normal and proper service conditions.
- Installation should be in accordance with DECKZ & WALLZ written instructions.
- The consumer/contractor acknowledges that DECKZ & WALLZ composite decking and accessories are not structural lumber and therefore may not be used as such.
- For purposes of the warranty, the “original purchaser” means the individual or individuals who were the owners of the specific property upon which DECKZ & WALLZ product was installed and should hold a Proof of Purchase from the installer.
- A recommended and registered installer of DECKZ & WALLZ is advised. Product failure due to non compliant installations and poor handling of the supplied product will not be covered under this warranty.
- The installation has to be done over solid and secure frame or concrete structure. Problems arriving from poor foundations of installation will rest with the installer and NOT DECKZ & WALLZ.
When used and maintained in an above-ground application, the product shall remain free from material manufacturing defects and will not crack, splint, delaminate, rot, or suffer structural damage from fungal decay. However, a natural amount of fading within a settling period due to sun exposure, is to be expected. This is a standard across all composite outdoor products.
It is essential that Outdoor Wall Panels are predrilled before inserting screws. Failure to do so will result in possible cracking of the panel edging especially near the edge extremities which will not be covered by our warranty. A rotary drill bit is recommended so as to not crack or damage the panel. Over tightening will also result in the panel being compromised.
The term of the warranty for the DECKZ & WALLZ composite decking and outdoor wall panels shall be 8 years i.e., from the date of original purchase provided that the purchaser maintains ownership of the identified property upon which the DECKZ & WALLZ products was installed.
Percentage recovery based on number of years used:
From Date of Purchase Percentage Recovery:
- 0-2 Years – 100%
- 2-3 Years – 75%
- 3-4 Years – 50%
- 4-5 Years – 25%
- 5-7 Years – 15%
- 7-8 Years – 10%
In order to proceed with a warranty claim against DECKZ & WALLZ, the purchaser must send to DECKZ & WALLZ (firstname.lastname@example.org) photos of the defective product together with the proof of purchase.
All warranty claims must be received by DECKZ & WALLZ within the applicable warranty period. No warranty will be given if claims are submitted later than thirty (30) days after any discovery of a possible defect of the DECKZ & WALLZ product.
DECKZ & WALLZ does not warrant against and is not responsible for any condition attributable to, in whole, or in part, to:
- Improper installation of DECKZ & WALLZ products.
- Failure to abide by DECKZ & WALLZ’s written instructions.
- Defects in or failure arising from decking structure resulting from water caused by improper installation, workmanship, maintenance, or repair.
- Any act of God (including, but not limited to, flooding, hurricanes, tornadoes, wind, earthquakes, lightning, hail, etc.)
- Damage resulting from casualty, fire, or exposure to heat sources such as cooking devices or retro-reflective surfaces.
- Climate change, irregular environmental conditions, static electricity, or any cause beyond the control of DECKZ & WALLZ.
- Intentional damage by sharp tools or harshly abrasive chemicals.
- Only DECKZ & WALLZ outdoor decking and outdoor wall panels are covered by the warranty clause. Indoor wall panels do not fall within a warrantied category.
- The cost of uplifting and reinstallation will not be covered by the Warranty.
- Only faulty panels will be replaced.
- The Warranty does not cover any cartage costs for the replacement products supplied to the purchaser.
All warranties provided by DECKZ & WALLZ, whether expressed or implied, are void if any one or more of the following instances occur:
- The DECKZ & WALLZ product is not installed, maintained and/or used strictly in accordance with DECKZ & WALLZ written instructions.
- The DECKZ & WALLZ product is not installed in accordance with all applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- The intentional or unintentional misuse of the DECKZ & WALLZ product, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable.
- The failure of the purchaser to properly and/or timely maintain or repair the DECKZ & WALLZ product.
- The failure of the purchaser to provide timely notice to DECKZ & WALLZ regarding any defect of the DECKZ & WALLZ product – (must be reported within a 30-day period after first noted).
- Failure to provide the company with a dated proof of purchase.